The Art of Breakfast
We consider breakfast a culinary and creative dining experience
providing our opportunity to share with guests our appreciation of fine food and its ability to provide a harmonious balance of the senses and the first smiles of the day!
The majority of our savory entrees are prepared without the use of breakfast meats (which are offered several days a week as an
accompaniment), while our sweet batter based entrees focus on interesting combinations of fresh fruits. We enjoy being creative by using fresh vegetables, local cheeses, fresh berries, local fruit and "just picked" herbs from our garden. We do not repeat any menu item during a guest's stay. And, we offer the choice of a hot Sweet or Savory entree
Our style reflects the use of simple, fresh ingredients
prepared with a touch of sophistication
and a bit of whimsy...
Breakfast is served at 8am in our dining
room accented with fresh flowers, crisp linens,
contemporary china and fine flatware. Alternatively, many guests prefer to enjoy
breakfast on our wrap-around porch overlooking the harbor.
For early risers, we offer a self-serve buffet available by 7:00am
- Featuring one of the following Freshly Baked Items like Fruit Muffins, Cinnamon Buns or Oat and Cocoa Dusted Almond Bars
- And, a variety of Teas (herbal and decaffeinated), Hot Cocoas and our own Kingsleigh Blend of Coffee
Breakfast Service begins with the "Breakfast Shot" of the Day
- A shot of freshly juiced "from the whole fruit or vegetable" with all
natural nutrients preserved and no preservatives or additives - an
amazing appetite awakening experience. As pictured above, it may be
watermelon, pineapple, pear, celery, carrot, cucumber or
beet...purely juice, simply amazing served in a Special "K" crystal shot
glass. To keep it interesting, we have also added "combo" fruit and veggie shots - think Smoothie Shot - still fresh, fresh, fresh!
The First Course Fruit Dish may offer:
- Pineapple and Banana "Cairns" with Hot Maple Butter Rum Sauce (our riff on Cairns which are directional rock stacks found on hiking trails
found throughout Acadia National Park)
- Fresh Mixed Melons with a light Orange Honey Glaze or Mint (from our garden) Infused Syrup
- Kingsleigh Inn Homemade Granola with Fresh Fruit and Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- "Creamsicle" Orange Smoothie served in Mini-Martini glasses with Orange Slice Garnish
- Fresh Strawberries, Pineapple & Banana with Maine Maple Crème
- Kingsleigh Inn "Triple Oat" Baked Oatmeal with Warm Vanilla Yogurt Sauce &
Blueberry or Strawberry Drizzle
The Second Course
Entrée (your choice of a Sweet or Savory) may offer:
- Eggs Florentine with Fresh Spinach, Roasted Red Peppers, Feta and
- Real Maine Blueberry/Banana/Peach Pancakes with Warm Organic Maine Maple Syrup
- Orange French Toast with Warm Grand Marnier "lightly" spiked Maple Syrup
- "Lobstah Eggs" - Soft Baked Eggs, Sweet Maine Lobster, Sun-Dried
Tomatoes & Fresh Basil
- Raspberry Stuffed French Toast with Raspberry Cream Drizzle
- Savory Fresh Sweet Tomato, Basil (from our garden) and Asiago Cheese Frittata
- House Smoked Salmon and Wild Rice Risotto
The Third Course, Our Specialty Desserts, may offer:
- Petite Banana Splits or Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sundaes with Gifford's Frozen Yogurt - a Maine family owned business since the early 1970s - topped with Homemade Cranberry Conserve
- Kingsleigh Inn Gelatos: Espresso, Pina Colada, Mint Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Caramel and Maple
- Kingsleigh Inn Homemade Fruit Sorbets: Blueberry, Pineapple, Mandarin, Cranberry and Pear
- Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge with Sea Salt Finish
- Retro Root Beer Floats! Gifford's Frozen Yogurt and Captain Eli's Root Beer (another Maine biz) served in souvenir glasses collected over many years of attending SWH's Oktoberfest - yum!
- Pamela's Vanilla Panna Cotta with Blueberry/Strawberry/Peach Drizzle - our most requested recipe - easy, peasy and so delish - we're happy to share any recipes with our guests, just ask! And, if you can't remember the name of the dish, we keep a daily log of all menus (breakfast, beverage buffet snack and wine hour), so we can easily find what you enjoyed during your stay...we do the work that our guests can re-create for themselves, family and friends.
We smoke our salmon on premises, our lobster is
"just caught" and sourced from our local Lobster Pound and
all our herbs are from our own organic
Please Note: At this time, we are unable to accommodate Dairy-Free or Extreme Lactose Intolerant diets. Call us with questions, before booking, if this may be of concern for you.
"The stay here was memorable like staying in a luxurious inn with a gourmet restaurant. We will be back!"
Maynard & Judy from Bloomington, IN
For Reservations or information, Phone 207-244-5302
Or write: 373 Main Street,
P.O. Box 1426, Southwest Harbor, Maine 04679
Your Hosts, Pamela & Bryan